How to Draw Spongebob
Today we're going to draw Spongebob! He's going to be facing forward, so even beginners should find drawing this guy to be a piece of cake!
1) Begin by sketching out a rectangle with a broader top and a narrow bottom, make sure it's not too skinny though. This will be the base of Spongebob's body.
2) Now place some squiggly lines at the top and sides of the rectangle. This will represent his body.
3) Now from the bottom of the body draw a rectangle. This will be his clothes. From the bottom of this rectangle draw two more, with curved lines as the bottom. This will be his pant legs.
4) Next draw two triangles at the top of his clothes in the vicinity that would be his shirt. These represent his collar. In between these two triangles will go his tie.
5) Now draw a horizontal line, about half way down the tie, across the clothes. this is his pant line. Below this line draw 3-4 small rectangles for his belt.
6) Now you'll draw his sleeves. They can begin by drawing an L and a backwards L on both sides of his body. His arms are made up of two straight lines coming directly down from the sleeves. after drawing them finish up the sleeves by connecting the other side of them back to his clothes.
7) His hands are placed slightly below his body. To draw them sketch out a "c" shape on the left side of his body and the reverse on the right. Out of this you will have the inside of his hand and one finger. Add more fingers with simple ovals and draw the outside of his hand with a curved line that follows the path of the "c"
8) His legs are very similar to his arms. Two straight lines connected towards the bottom will serve perfectly.
9) His shoes can be completed with circles. Draw a small circle at the foot of his leg and a larger circle next to it. Draw a small rectangle at the bottom of the first circle to make the heal of his shoe.
10) Now his face! Spongebob's eye's are kind of like targets. Start by drawing two circles slightly overlapping each other. Within these circles draw smaller circles and within those? More circles. This will be the pupil and iris.
11) Because we're drawing him face forward his nose will look like an upside down letter "u" This should overlap the eyes slightly. Then add his bulging cheeks by putting an upside down "c" at each side. Cover them in dots for freckles.
12) Give him a big smile. Similar to a sideways "D" Fill in two rectangles for those buck teeth.
13) Add a few circles to his spongy body. Ink and colour if desired.
For more: howtodrawfantasyart.blogspot.com